Sunday

What was your teen age love experience like?


My teen age fantasy by Amanda;
Hmmm, I just realized that at one point or the other, most of us ladies had one teen age love feelings or the other. In my own case, my own love story was a situation of ‘almost there, almost there’. I said so because up till today, I’m still waiting for my own Romeo. My love story started far back when I was 13 years old. I cannot actually call it love, maybe it was a bit of crush! I was in high school as at then. There was this guy I saw one beautiful day when I was playing along with my friends. He was young too just like me. He was very handsome and unique. Hmmmm, I couldn’t figure out why he was unique to me but I just felt he was. I liked him. He was also playing with his own group of friends on that very day. I told my girlfriend about him and she liked him too. We both wished he could one day walk up to me and say ‘Hi’. You know as a lady, I grew up with the mindset that if a boy wants you, he should walk up to you and say ‘Hi’

Well, well, well, I was childish as at then, you know. I tried some few childish movements to make him notice me but he didn’t. I kept dreaming about him every night. Fantasies engulfed my thoughts and these fantasies were made up of him. These fantasy thoughts of him continued for more than one year without us saying ‘Hi’ to each other. You can imagine how childish I was. The worst part of it was that he changed school and till today, I’m yet to see him again. Though, I regret not talking to him. Come to think of it, was it my fault? My female friends never allowed me. They told me that as a lady, I shouldn’t say ‘Hi’ first. Is this general belief true?
My final year in high school
My final year in high school was quite funny. I was now seeing myself as a big girl. No more playing around like kids. I had read so many love novels and articles by that time. Funny though that I had to imagine the type of man I had to fall for! I was always giving him a tough role to play to win my love; believe me, all these were imaginary. It is funny also that the guy I had another crush for was a church member. He was worshiping with his family at the same church where we were worshiping as well. This time around, I loved his confidence each time he comes up to speak in church; he was a member of the drama unit. I was happy because I caught him looking at me on several occasions. This made me to believe that he would come for me some day. After waiting for almost one year, he didn’t come to say ‘Hi’ to me. I began to wonder if I wasn’t that attractive to the opposite sex. But I was always called a beautiful girl by my female friends; my mum was always calling me that. I rested my worries after some while and continued hoping that he would come someday to say ‘Hi’ just like other guys do when they are in love. Each time we looked at each other during service, I usually have internal joy and I think he was also felt the same because he always smile to me after each eyes contact.
The day I was heartbroken
I don’t know if you will judge me wrong for this. But even if you end up calling me a bad girl, I don’t care as long as I don’t see myself as one. What happened was that the guy I was hoping would come to me and say ‘Hi’ and probably ask me out for a date, came to church on this very day and came out to give testimony that he got admission to the university! Can you imagine that? The worst part of it was that his choice of school was too far. This means that I was not going to see him again until holidays. I was angry! I felt he never loved me at all!! if he did, why did he had to get admission without telling me or approached me at least or just say ‘Hi’ I became heartbroken because he was going to go away for a long time. Other members of the church were very happy for him but I was sad. I just couldn’t wait for the service to end so that I could leave.
Hmm, it is almost five years after that experience. I’m yet to meet my own Romeo. I’m still in the university, though not searching for love because I know my love would find me. I no longer see him even in church each time I come back for holidays. Sometimes I blame myself for letting the two guys I loved to slip off my fingers. That is just my own side of love story. It was funny. Come to think of it, if guys can go for any lady they find appealing, why shouldn’t we girls go for guys we also find appealing? Most times, girls have lost someone they cherished so much simply because of the popular concept among us ladies. If I see my Romeo, I would walk up to him this time. There is no big deal about it. I hope you learnt something from my own love story. Or what do you think about girls walking up to guys they find attractive?

Tags:
© 2013 True Lovers World. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks